Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Say my name, say my name..."

It's the weekend! And we've been having great weather. (Sorry all my Zonie friends. But October is just around the corner). We have been doing lots of outdoorsy things. We went to Sea World on Tuesday and the Zoo on Thursday. We have been to a couple of different parks, and visited the library story time. This morning Caralin, her Nana, and I went to the movies and then out to lunch. We saw a cute Seasame Street movie. It was Caralin's first theater experience since she was an infant and would sleep through the movie. She enjoyed it for an hour but then was done and wanted to run around the theater so we left a little early. It was a nice time though.
So a couple of things to tell you about. First, Caralin's new favorite activity. The garden hose. Why I never thought of it before now I don't know. We were out front cleaning off lounge chairs and she picked the hose up and thought it was the funniest thing to spray herself (clothes and all). She had a blast and eventually wound up running around the front yard totally nude spraying herself with the hose. It was pretty funny to watch.
Second thing to report is Caralin said her own name for the first time last night. She was pretty proud of herself (needless to say so were Kevin and I). Until now when she saw herself in a picture she would say "Dada". It sounds more like Car-yen (like the vehicle and Japanese currency) when she says it but she's workin' on it. I will try to capture it on video for my next post.
I have added some new pictures, and a slide show and here is another fun video. Enjoy!


No comments: