Well I have more proof that God works in mysterious ways and will never give us what we cannot overcome. Kevin and I have been feeling the pinch a little more the past month. I never thought it could happen but Vons has been cutting hours and laying people off. Thankfully Kevin has been spared from any layoff, transfer, or demotion to this point but his hours were cut by up to 25%. Thats a pretty big chunk of income to lose, making my dollar stretching even more difficult (even though I have become a pro at it). Then the unexpected... someone hit our car in the Vons parking lot while Kev was at work. Thus the "mysterious way"... no one was injured because our car was parked and the guys that hit us scraped along the side of our car while backing out. I brought the car in to get the estimate today and I will be picking up a check for 1400 dollars tomorrow! The damage to our car is cosmetic so the car runs fine and since it is an older car with other body scratches anyway so the money is going to help us catch up from the last couple of months. Thank God! Always there. A friend recently told me about a feature on my camera that allows me to take action shots. It takes a picture every second while I hold the button down. Sometimes it is hard to get the picture I want of Caralin because she moves so fast. So we went to the park and I decided to try out this cool feature. I think it is pretty cool and I made it into a movie. Caralin has been sick the past few days and I am hoping she will be better soon. She seems pretty miserable. Her throat is hurting her and she can't breath real well out of her nose. Poor baby. :( We went to the Dr. and it was a mistake. They said it was a virus (which is what they always say) and I got there a half an hour early and we were still there almost two hours. Not a good thing for a sick little girl that just wants to cozy up and watch TV. We made it through. They did a strep test and I requested they did a culture to double check that it is not strep. We have decided to have Caralin's birthday on Sunday March 29th. We will probably do something small at a park with friends and family. It will be nice for everyone to get together. Kevin and I are getting her a playground set that we found in an ad through church. They are giving it away but we have to haul it and sand and seal it. It's worth the hard work if you ask me. We will hopefully be picking it up next week so I will have more pictures soon. Take Care.
No comments:
Post a Comment